The Aurora Economic Development Council assists businesses evaluate expansion/relocation plans by determining if projects qualify for any local programs.
LOCAL TAX WAIVERS
- The City of Aurora has the ability to issue partial sales/use tax rebates on taxable equipment and construction materials in relation to a project. All incentives are performance based. The average wage of the employees associated with the operation must be at or above the county average.
- Counties have the ability to abate a percentage of the property tax liability based on the personal property investment over a period of time. Employers must meet certain investment thresholds as well as pay employees an average wage at or above the county average.
- Purchases of machinery, machine tools, or machine parts in excess of $500 by a company for direct use in the manufacture of tangible products in the City of Aurora are exempt from the local 3.75 percent sales/use tax.
- All incentive inquiries are coordinated by Aurora EDC staff. Complete financial analysis and economic impact modeling is required. Approval is at the discretion of the Aurora City Council. The process could be as quick as a few weeks.
- The City of Aurora will fast-track the permitting process when appropriate, significantly cutting time to market. Aurora EDC staff will facilitate exploring this possibility.
FOREIGN TRADE ZONES
- The City of Aurora is part of Foreign Trade Zone 293, designated by the US Department of Commerce. Certain tariffs on imported parts, supplies, and exported products may be reduced.